Sofía Vergara: 'I'm trying to take advantage of my 15 minutes of fame'Relacionado: Sofía Vergara
- Foto: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin1 de 10
- Foto: Ian Wilson/WENN2 de 10
- Foto: Andrés Otero/WENN3 de 10
- Foto: Wireimage4 de 10
- Foto: PNP/WENN5 de 10
- Foto: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin6 de 10
- Foto: Tom Vickers/Splash News7 de 10
- Foto: Tom Vickers/Splash News/Splash News8 de 10
- Foto: Bauer-Griffin9 de 10
It's no real news that Sofia Vergara is the hottest Latina in Hollywood right now (if you disagree with this, you're either blind or Marc Anthony). So when we heard that she was the new face of Diet Pepsi, we had to get on the phone with her to hear more about it. Plus, it'd give us a good excuse to see what else she's been up to.
WONDERWALL LATINO: Tell us a little bit about this Diet Pepsi deal.
SOFIA VERGARA: Well, the first thing I ever did in the entertainment business was a TV commercial for Pepsi when I was 17 years old (she's talking about this). I became very popular in Latin America thanks to that ad and it pretty much got my career started. So when they approached me to do this, I thought it was great. Obviously, 20 years later I'm promoting Diet Pepsi, not regular Pepsi.
WWL: That must come with a bit of pressure, huh? Now you're going to have to keep a good figure no matter what!
SV: No, I don't really feel any pressure. If anything it's good pressure! Clearly, I'm in a business where people don't have to be totally fit, but you have to stay healthy; there's a lot of importance place on staying well, being healthy.
WWL: So if anything this will help you stay that way.
SV: Exactly! You know how it is, the reality is that nobody's perfect. One has to make the effort, be disciplined with meals, drop some eating habits, practice sports. It takes work!
WWL: Are you usually careful and disciplined when it comes to diet and exercise?
SV: No, I've never really been like that. I've always thought: everything in moderation. I've always been a healthy eater. I try to be careful during the week and then on weekends I'll have my drinks and eat whatever I want. But I'm not going to wake up at 4 a.m. to go to the gym. Like, if I have to be on set at 6 a.m. then I'd wake up at 4 to hit the gym? I mean, not if my life depended on it! I try to go on weekends, or if I have a day off during the week; I try to go to the gym two or three times a week. But my life does not revolve around diet and exercising.
WWL: Name one thing you don't allow yourself to eat on weekdays, and as soon as the weekend comes you say: I'm going to eat this because I deserve it.
SV: Well, the thing is it's not just one thing. I fight myself constantly with stuff like that! I love eating. Plus, you know us Latinos, we are used to celebrating everything with food: food at parties, food at burials, food all time time! I love dessert. I can eat chicken and a salad every day if you need me to, but I gotta have dessert. And that's what I always have to control.
WWL: Did you watch the Grammys?
SV: I didn't! I went to the movies, got home and went to sleep cause I had to wake up super early today. I've been doing press since 5 a.m.!
WWL: So what's in your iPod these days?
SV: I love Juanes and Shakira, obviously, she's from my hometown of Barranquilla. I also like Ricky Martin a lot. And as far as American music goes, I'm loving Lady Gaga.
WWL: What movies are your favorites for this year's Oscars?
SV: I loved “The Fighter”, I thought it was great. I also liked "Black Swan" a lot.
WWL: So, do Latina celebs get together and hang out in LA like everyone thinks, or is that some sort of fantasy we all have?
SV: I have lots of friends here, but not as much as... My real friends are in Colombia or in Miami, you know that pretty much all Colombians now live in Miami. But yeah, I do run into Eva, Penélope, all of them at parties here. We're not bff's but we do say hi and hang out socially. But my real friends, the ones I went to kindergarten with, are in Colombia. Oh, and my cousins! Latinos are very close to our families, so my cousins are my best friends.
WWL: Tell us a bit about your projects for this year. We know you are in the “Smurfs” movie, coming out this summer.
SV: I just finished shooting “New Year's Eve” in New York. It's a film by Gary Marshall, who did “Pretty Woman”. I had a small part. Bon Jovi's in it, Katherine Heigl is in it, there's a huge cast so it's like we all had small parts. I had a great time shooting the movie. "Smurfs" comes out in August and when “Modern Family” ends in March, I hope I can get a small job to maybe shoot something in the summer, if not I'll have way too much vacation. Like four and a half months! And well deserved! No, but I'm really trying to take advantage of my 15 minutes of fame here. I'd rather work no, you know... hehe
WWL: Do you really think it's going to be 15 minutes?
SV: Well, you never know! I don't really like to think about things in the long term; I'd rather live the moment. I think Gloria is fantastic character, we've already signed to do a third season and, based on what people say, these shows can sometimes go on or seven or eight years. So it looks like I have a good amount of work, but you never know!
Más Wonderwall Latino
- Cannes 2013No te pierdas los mejores momentos del prestigioso Festival Internacional de Cine de Cannes, ¡aquí!Ver Galería »
- Sexy AdamariFestejamos el cumpleaños número 42 de Adamari López con los mejores looks de la actriz. ¡Míralos aquí!Ver Galería »
- Glamour Face-OffIn Hollywood, celebrities are often caught rocking similar trends. Click here to vote for which star stole the spotlight.Ver Galería »
- Entre cabellosHay famosas que lucen cabelleras de comercial de champú, pero otras parecen haberse peleado con el peine y el espejo. ¡Mira quiénes son!Ver Galería »
- Cuerpos de aceroTe invitamos a descubrir de quiénes son estos increíbles músculos y abdominales del espectáculo. ¡Anímate y recibe tu cuota de colirio!Ver Galería »
- ¡Embarazada!E! News confirma que Beyoncé y Jay-Z esperan su segundo hijo.Leer Artículo »
- Cara a caraDos mujeres, un estilo. Elige quién se lleva el título de mejor vestida, ¡aquí!Ver Galería »
- ¿Cuál ganará?Estas son las cinco chicas que este domingo competirán por la corona de "Nuestra Belleza Latina". Conócelas y ¡elige a tu favorita!Ver Galería »
- Juntos en españolAlejandro Fernández y Christina Aguilera se juntaron para grabar el video de la canción de "La Tempestad".Leer Artículo »
- semana en fotosCristian Castro canta en los Premios Oye... y mucho más de lo que hicieron los famosos esta semana. ¡No te lo pierdas!Ver Galería »
- ¡A celebrar!Ricky Martin muestra su agrado por la sancionada ley antidiscriminación en Puerto Rico.Leer Artículo »
- Adiós, MéxicoEiza González anunció que parte hacia Estados Unidos para intentar hacer carrera en Hollywood. Estos son los chismes del día.Ver Galería »
- Con tanto dineroAudris Rijo y las otras cuatro finalistas de "Nuestra Belleza Latina 2013" te cuentan qué haran si ganan los 250 mil dólares.Ver Video »
- Amor tatuadoComo dice la canción de Joan Sebastian, algunos famosos llevan "tatuajes de sus besos en todo su cuerpo".Ver Galería »
- Cuestión de pesoMás de un famoso nos sorprendió por un cambio repentino en su silueta. ¡Veamos cuáles!Ver Galería »
- ¡Qué feos pies!Lo tienen todo (o casi todo): fama, dinero y belleza... si tan solo no tuvieran pies tan horribles, serían perfectas.Ver Galería »
- Dúos dinámicosPor amor al arte o por amor al billete (o a ambos), los famosos nos han regalado duetos memorables... y deplorables. ¡Vamos a verlos!Ver Galería »
- Skinny MiniChristina slims down... Click here to see Xtina's amazing transformation!Ver Galería »
- Jaja fotosEs la hora de reírnos de los famosos... porque es justo y muuuy necesario. ¡Vamos!Ver Galería »
- Engaged!Luis Fonsi proposed to his girlfriend. Click here to see the ring.Ver Galería »
- niñita del popBritney Spears aseguró en un programa de televisión que desea tener una hija.Leer Artículo »
Más de Wonderwall Latino
Más de MSN